MIDDLE EASTERN VEG
WHILST THIS VEG PERFECTLY COMPLIMENTS MY MORROCON CHICKEN, IT IS MY FAVOURITE VEG ACCOMPANIMENT FOR ANY MEAL RIGHT NOW I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH SUMAC! I USE IT IN EVERYTHING AT THE MOMENT, STIR FRIED VEG, MEAT MARINADES, DRESSINGS, IT'S GREAT IN YOGHURT TO HAVE WITH LAMB TAGINE....I COULD GO ON! THIS VEG DISH IS ALSO AWESOME WITH A GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM AND POACHED EGGS FOR BRUNCH, OR SIMPLY ADD IN SOME CHICKPEAS AND QUINOA TO ANY LEFTOVERS (NOT MUCH IN MY HOUSE) FOR A NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE & QUICK VEGAN MEAL, YUM!
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 50g & 25g butter or coconut fat
- 50g pistachios & 50g almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 2 tbsp za’tar spice mix
- 2 whole carrots, coarsely grated
- One large whole beetroot, coarsely grated
- ¼ celeriac, coarsely grated
- Large handful of spinach/kale chopped/sliced spring greens into strips (if using kale it may need steaming for 3-4 minutes first to soften slightly)
- Add 50g butter/coconut fat to medium hot frying pan, add in sliced onion and soften for 5-10mins
- Add in another 25g butter/fat, when foaming add in nuts and spices and fry for 5 minutes
- Stir through all the shredded veg, for 2-3 minutes to slightly soften, add a generous grind of salt and pepper.