PISTACHIO & CHOCOLATE TART
PISTACHIO IS MY FAVOURITE NUT AT THE MOMENT, SHAME IT'S NOT CHEAP! BUT IT IS SO YUMMY AND VERSATILE, THIS PASTRY RECIPE IS JUST A SWEET VERSION OF THE PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD IN SIDES, FILLERS & DIPS. GLUTEN FREE AND DELICIOUS WHAT BETTER ACCOMPONIAMNET THAN CHOCLATE GANACHE - ENJOY!!
Pistachio short bread pastry
- 125g butter, softened
- 160g pistachios, finely milled
- 100g chestnut flour
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 50g coconut fat
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- Cream together the softened butter and ground pistachios with the flour and sugar and fennel seeds.
- Beat in the egg
- Turn the mix out onto a board and shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and leave to chill for an hour or so
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC
- Take out the fridge and on a lightly floured (gluten free flour!) surface gently roll/press the pastry out to around 1cm thick
- Cut out rounds large enough to fit into an individual tart tin, place into tin and cut off excess.
- Line with 2 layers of clinic filming baking beans
- Blind bake for 15 mins, then remove the beans and clingfilm and bake for a further 10 minutes until they are slightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool and make the filling.
- Melt together the chocolate and coconut fat in a ban marie
- Once melted stir through the chia seeds and pour the mixture into the pastry cases. Place in the fridge and leave to cool until the chocolate is set.