MANGO & CHIA PUDDING
I THINK I AM A LITTLE LATE TO THIS PARTICULAR CRAZE, (NOT THE CHIA ITSELF BUT THE PUDDING PART) BUT I MADE THIS LITTLE BEAUTY THE OTHER DAY TO SEE WHAT THE FUSS (AND ALL THE PICS ON INSTAGRAM) WERE ABOUT AND IT IS YUMMY! BEST OF ALL THIS IS ACTUALLY A LITTLE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY WARRIOR, PACKING IN THE ANTI-OXIDANT RICH MANGO, COMBINED WITH ITS GUT BALANCING FIBRES, ALONGSIDE THE MONOUNSATURATED AND POLYUNSATURATED FATS IN THE COCONUT AND CHIA - NOT BAD FOR A DESSERT!
- 2 whole mangos
- 50ml coconut water
- 200 ml coconut milk (Biona is my favourite variety as it is literally just coconut and water - no additives, preservatives or emulsifiers)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2tsp maple syrup
- 100g dessicated coconut
- Roughly chop up the flesh of one of the mangos and put in a blender or nutri-bullet with 50ml coconut water, maple syrup and the lime juice, then blend to a pulp.
- Stir into this the 100ml of coconut milk. (if the can of coconut milk is separated scoop out about half the solid flesh and pour in the water from the can up to the 100ml mark and blend it).
- In a bowel you can fit in the fridge, stir together the coconut milk, mango pulp and chia seeds, then refrigerate for 15 minutes. After which time take it out and give it a stir (it will have already started to thicken up).
- Return to the fridge and leave for 3-5 hrs(or over night)
- Spread the dessicated coconut out the base of a frying pan and toast over a medium heat until going golden.
- Cut up the 2nd mango into small bite-size chunks.
- Finally, assemble the puddings by spooning the set mixture into glasses with layers of the fresh mango, then sprinkle over a generous sprinkling of the dessicated coconut!