BEST EVER CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
THESE ARE BY FAR, HANDS DOWN, MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE DESSERT OR TREAT. THERE REALLY IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A DARK, MELT IN THE MOUTH CHOCOLATE BROWNIE. SOMETIMES I MIGHT ADD NUTS OR FRUIT, BUT REALLY JUST CLASSIC PLAIN CHOCOLATE IS THE BEST. WHILE THIS IS GLUTEN FREE I WOULD NEVER CLAIM THIS IS IN ANYWAY PALEO, (I'M PRETTY SURE PALEOLITHIC MAN WAS NOT BAKING BROWNIES IN THERE FIRE, NO MATTER HOW MANY VEG OR BEANS YOU ADD TO THE RECIPE!) THEY ARE JUST BETTER WHEN GLUTEN FREE! THIS IS SOUL FOOD, NOT ADULTERATED WITH BLACK BEANS, BEETROOT OR PROTEIN POWDER TO MAKE THEM "HEALTHY". GOOD SIMPLE INGREDIENTS TO BE ENJOYED GUILT FREE NOW AND AGAIN.
- 250g good quality dark chocolate
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 60g raw cacao powder
- 60g chestnut flour
- 3 large eggs, and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Several generous grinds of rock salt
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Melt 200g of the chocolate in a bain-marie (put a heatproof bowel over a pan of boiling water). Once melted set aside to cool down slightly.
- Roughly chop the remaining 50g (if you have any more lying around just chuck it in here for chocolate chucks n the brownie)
- Sift together the chestnut flour cacoa powder, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until pale, soft and creamy.
- Add in one egg at a time beating it in thoroughly before adding the next.
- Then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Slowly stir through the combined flour and cacao mixture, until full incorporated.
- Add in the chunks if chopped chocolate.
- Take smallish square baking tin (I use a 32cm x 22cm tin)Grease and dust with GF flour, then pour in the brownie mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, but check after 25, I usually take my out before 30 minutes but it does depend on your oven and tin size.