This pesto is great just to have as a dip with crudite but it is also a delicious spread on some paleo bread- either by itself or topped with some goats cheese or a poached egg....it really goes with most things and is an easy way to increase your vegetable intake.
- 3 large beetroots
- 50g toasted pinenuts
- 80g roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- juice 1/2 lemon
- juice 1/2 orange
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- good grind sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven 180 deg C
- Cut the leaves off the beetroot and placenta baking tray
- Bake the beetroots fro about an hour until they are soft (insert a knife to see) - they will shrink away from their skins.
- Takeout and leave to cool for 10 mins
- Peal of the skins so you are left with bright pink soft inside flesh and roughly chop into a bowl.
- Add in all the other ingredients to the bowl and blend with a wand - or if you have a food processor use this.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.