HUMMUS IS SUCH A VERSATILE DIP OR SPREAD, IT'S SO USEFUL TO KEEP A BOWL IN THE FRIDGE TO USE A FILLING SNACK OR HAVE AS A SIDE FOR A MAIN MEAL.
- 410g/14oz tin organic chickpeas
- 4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smoked garlic is really lovely in this too and can be more mellow than raw garlic. Use 2 cloves of smoked garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 rounded tsp Tahini
- Freshly ground rock salt & pepper (be generous)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional, I just think it gives the hummus another dimension)
- ½ tsp honey (optional, I use it because it can sometimes be a little bitter
Put all the ingredients in a blender, and pulse to the texture you prefer. Add more lemon juice to taste.