PALEO SEEDED BREAD
PALEO SEEDED BREAD
THIS IS ESSENTIALLY CHRISTINE BAILEYS RECIPES (THANKS YOU!) WITH A COUPLE OF ADDED HERBS. IT REALLY IS A BEAUTIFUL AND VERSATILE BREAD, LOVELY TEXTURE, NEITHER HEAVY NOR "DUSTY" LIKE SOME GLUTEN FREE LOAVES - JUST DELICIOUS, AND PACKED WITH PROTEIN AND FATS, REGULATING BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS AND KEEPING YOU FULL FOR LONGER - IT EVEN TOASTS BEAUTIFULLY TOO. I HAVE it WITH EGGS, SPREAD WITH SMASHED AVO OR A NUT BUTTER, OR HAVE A COUPLE OF SLICES WITH SOUP - ITS ALL GOOD STUFF!
Makes one loaf - If you want a less savoury loaf leave out the onion and coriander seeds and increase the fennel seeds to 3 tsp. You could even add 2 tsp cinnamon and a small handful of sultanas to make a fruit loaf and its amazing!
- In a large bowl or food processor, mix the ground up almonds, ground flaxseeds, seeds, salt, bicarbonate of soda and arrowroot powder. In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil or ghee and let cool for 5 minutes. Whisk melted oil together with the eggs, apple cider vinegar and coconut cream or kefir
- Gently mix wet and dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan greased or lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with additional seeds. Bake at 180C, gas mark 4 until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes, although mine has taken up to 50 before - =just keep checking with a skewer!
- Allow to cool on a wire rack, cut into thin slices and serve
- 250g almonds – ground up until fine
- ⅓ cup / 30g ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup / 70g arrowroot powder or tapioca starch
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee - I actually think it tastes best with 3 tbsp of each.
- 4 egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup / 125ml coconut cream or kefir
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp nigella/black onion seeds
- 2 tsp roughly ground coriander seeds
- Additional seeds to top ( I include some whole coriander seeds here - I love them and add them to everthing!)