MORROCAN ROAST CHICKEN
THERE'S NOTHING MORE COMFORTING THAN A ROAST CHICKEN. THIS IS A DEAD EASY VARIATION PACKED WITH FLAVOUR. YOU CAN STICK THIS IS THE OVEN FOR AN HOUR WHILE YOU DO OTHER STUFF AND IT WILL GIVE YOU REALLY TASTY LEFTOVERS FOR LUNCHES.
- 125g soft organic butter
- 2tbsp ras el hanout spice mix
- tsp harissa paste
- drizzle of pomegranate syrup (optional)
- Generous grind of salt and pepper
- Combine the spices, harissa pasta, pomegranate syrup and butter and smush together. Separate the skin from the chicken then rub the flavoured butter all over, and under the skin of the chicken.
- Roast in a preheated oven, 180 degrees C for 1.5 hours.
- With half an hour to go prepare the middle eastern veg to accompany it.
- When you serve, tear off a leg or a slice of breast (be sure to get some of the delicious crispy skin) then spoon over the flavoured melted butter in the bottom of the pan, it's amazing!